Tuesday, September 27, 2011

the silliest thing I saw in Las Vegas

This was a while back, but I just remembered it. This is the kind of thing for which I created this blog: it's Jubilee, a giant stage show in Las Vegas. While some may think it's great (or terrible) because it's an adult show, that was not the peak of the ridiculousness for me. The most absurd thing is that one of its parts is a dramatization of the sinking of the Titanic. Yes, really.

Yes, they decided to take the sinking of a ship and the loss of lives as the starting place for a big-budget production number. And, they sandwiched it into a show with contortionists and dozens of topless showgirls? Oy.

The good news is that it most certainly crosses the line into kitsch, so it's not just a painful display of boorishness. I'd almost recommend it -- almost.

Here's a recent review from the Las Vegas Sun.

No comments:

Post a Comment